Safety Information | Electric radiant floor heating by Speedheat®
Silent, Safe, Easy Installation, Energy Efficient
Speedheat is the safest way to heat your home!
What is EMR or EMF (Electromagnetic Radiation/Field)?
Why is it bad?
Are you sure that Speedheat systems do not put off any EMR?
Yes, our systems have been thoroughly tested to make certain that no electromagnetic radiation can escape our patented, double-insulated element with its full-ground surround. Not only do we care about our customers' health, but we all use these systems in our own homes, too!
Low-energy radiation that comes from the interaction of electric and magnetic fields. Sources include power lines, electric appliances, radio waves, microwaves, and others. Also called electromagnetic field.
Studies have shown that exposure to EMR can cause a number of health problems, including cancer, leukemia, birth defects, miscarriages, neuromuscular problems, anxiety, seizures, skin problems, and cardiac problems to name a few.
- Speedheat elements are self-regulated to stay at a temperature that is safe to touch, so you will never have to worry about being burned by touching our element!
Speedheat systems cannot cause fire.
Simple... with self-regulation, a full-ground surrounded element, and GFCI protection, if there were to be a break in the element wire, electricity would automatically shut off, so there is no risk of an electrical fire when installed properly! Additionally, since the heaters are installed under flooring or area rugs, there is no space for air, so fire would be unable to breathe.
Electric Shock and GFCI Protection
- For the same reasons that our systems cannot start a fire, there is no risk of electric shock. With the patented, full-ground surround element and GFCI protection, Speedheat systems will never shock you. In the case of a ground fault, the system will simply shut off immediately.
- Our systems are waterproof, so you can clean them, spill liquid on them, and use them in wet areas with no safety risks!
- All Speedheat floor heating products are manufactured under DIN EN ISO 9001:2000 standards, and comply with the essential requirements of CE guidelines IEC 335-1 : 1991 and other applicable tests (under tile), IEC 60335-1 : 2001 and other applicable standards (under carpet), EMC Test compliance EN 50082-1:1992 and DQS-IQNET ISO 9001:2000 Certificate No. 261368 QM. All of our heating systems are NEC Complaint.
What does UL-compliant mean?
UL has developed more than 1000 Standards for Safety. Their Standards for Safety are essential to helping ensure public safety and confidence, reduce costs, improve quality and market products and services. Millions of products and their components are tested to UL's rigorous safety standards with the result that consumers live in a safer environment than they would have otherwise.
- Complies with UL 499
- All Speedheat floor heating products are manufactured under DIN EN ISO 9001:2000 standards, and comply with the essential requirements of CE guidelines IEC 335-1 : 1991 and other applicable tests (under tile), IEC 60335-1 : 2001 and other applicable standards (under carpet), EMC Test compliance EN 50082-1:1992 and DQS-IQNET ISO 9001:2000 Certificate No. 261368 QM. All of our heating systems are NEC Complaint. and UL-compliant
Order TileWarm DIY 120V Now with Google Checkout!
Order TileWarm DIY 240V Now with Google Checkout!
Speedheat is Floor Heating
- Calculate Heating System Operating Costs
- Download Installation Instructions
- Program my Thermostat
- Place an Order!
- Order TileWarm DIY Online!
- Return or Exchange
I Want to...
- DO NOT expect a 3' x 2', 65-watt heater to heat 100 ft2
- DO NOT Break It
- DO NOT turn it on if it is rolled up!
- Do Not Smoke